This is the first in a rolling programme of international events, each bringing together experts and policymakers from a variety of fields around the theme of urban planning and data collection to improve quality of life in urban areas. This series of events aims to become a digital and technological base to gather professionals around modern urban challenges, such as infrastructure planning and design, in order to share expertise and catalyse positive change. Each new edition will be dedicated to a specific topic or showcase within the world of Smart Cities.
This event is for those currently working in, or interested in, Smart Cities and its surrounding technology, including but not limited to: local authorities, city planners, transport authorities, tourism authorities, waste collection services, technology developers, researchers, academics.
Join us and learn how Red Ninja’s iSensing solution enhanced and improved the end-to-end user journey experience of Belo Horizonte bus services. This lunchtime lecture will include:
- A showcase of the use of iSensing in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. An example of a collaborative way to approach the issue of overcrowding on buses and long wait times at bus stops, the two greatest issues impacting people’s daily commute.
- A discussion surrounding the current mobility needs in South America and mobility challenges in the UK.
- A look at how this collaborative approach is opening up other opportunities in South America.
This will be followed by a live demonstration of the iSensing technology.
- iSensing Global Partnership Director. Harvey manages the development of the sensor product portfolio, which is deployed in locations across the globe. Harvey uses his experience in radio planning, business analysis and infrastructure to answer challenges set by public and private sector organisations in a data-driven, interconnected world
- Liverpool Mayoral Lead for Energy and Smart Cities. James is also a Liverpool City Councillor, Industrial Liaison Manager and an advocate of people, technology and ideas in the Smart City space.
21st of November, 13:00 – 14:00.
For the first edition of this series, Future Cities Catapult welcomes Red Ninja to the Urban Innovation Centre for a lecture highlighting our work on the visualisation of real time bus passenger movement in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
Urban Innovation Centre, 1 Sekforde St, Clerkenwell, London EC1R 0BE
Future Cities Catapult
- Our mission is to advance urban innovation, to grow UK companies, to make cities better. We bring together businesses, universities and city leaders so that they can work with each other to solve the problems that cities face.
Red Ninja Studios
- Red Ninja Studios is an award winning design-led technology company, developing cutting edge human-centred software and hardware solutions. Red Ninja works on both local and global projects with local and national governments, creating innovative solutions with lasting impact across health, transport, education, low carbon, and culture.
- iSensing is a Red Ninja Studios venture, using an Internet of Things platform to enable city planners, local government, transport authorities, tourism authorities and waste collection services to visualise citizen movement and make deliberate decisions on Smart City and Transport planning. iSensing has been successfully deployed in Spain, UK, Brazil and now has an ambitious goal for global expansion.
Following the lecture, there will be time for further discussion with our guest speakers about the current mobility needs in South America and mobility challenges in the UK, and time for networking with other Smart Cities leaders and innovators.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.